Author Topic: New Dodge Van .. maybe.. for Australia too...  (Read 4504 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
New Dodge Van .. maybe.. for Australia too...
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Its a Hyundai Iload/HiAce competitor.. but if you have driven both.. you'd know the Chrysler Voyager/ Caravan is a lot more comfortable.. They've just released details in  the US of it.. who knows.. we may get it too.. Would buy the Dodge if in the market... personally feel its a  superior vehicle.

New Dodge van...

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
It'd want to be better than the Dodge minivans I drove the last time I was over there. Had two different Dodge van rentals and both of them were the most gutless of any of the vans we rented (Chevy, Pontiac and Toyota vans)....the Toyota was the best of them in power and handling, but it had that incredibly stupid pale fawn coloured interior (including carpets) that got filthy just looking at it, lol.
The Dodge also felt very cheap inside, all poorly fitted plastic parts everywhere.
I sure hope they've lifted their game.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
Yes.. the Dodge Caliber that was or is still sold here.. when it came out  had the light coloured interior.. .. the miss's probably would have brought one over the Seebring had it not been for the unservicable inside colouring..
   I've probably got a different feeling on the Chrysler Voyager being a very comfortable people mover.. sitting in the "Captains Chair" driving.. ..easy in easy out.. 3.3lt V6 4 speed auto....  If I need a  US rental the  rear seats pretty much fold right down for additional cargo space..
   We  had a 99 Voyager here.. brought new.. and ended up on LPG too.. had it for a decade.. Loved it.. Kids grew up .. minivan no more..
   I would hope Chrysler does not think couriers and tradies don't like comfort.. ...

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
Base Price: $23,255 in the US.  Will it be close to double that out here???

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333