Author Topic: saying Hi  (Read 8930 times)

stcos85

saying Hi
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:40:59 PM »
I have been living in Victoria for 3 years having moved over from the UK and have been interested in classic cars for a long time. Have a 1960 VW kombi van and a couple of Torana V8's both in various stages of resto.

My friend has a highly modified F100 with air suspension, chopped roof and big motor that he imported from the states a few months ago. After seeing this my son is now looking for an F100 and I am looking to import it from the states or Canada. I have imported a couple of vehicles so understand what is involved in importing.

I have a friend in Canada who has just packed his computer job in to concentrate on restoring cars as it has grown from a hobby into a small business. I like changing my cars regularly and he has offered to locate cars in Canada and North America and ship them over with the intent of keeping them for 6 months or so and then selling them on. He is looking at a couple of F100's next week and came across a 68 matching numbers original Challenger for what seems to be a really reasonable price.

As I am really new to American muscle cars would anyone be able to advise what models would be a good car to import with a view to being easy to sell on. I like the late 40's/50's F100's. chargers, challengers and fastback mustangs. Any advise would be much appreciated.

jpony

• Top Fuel Pilot
saying Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:14:51 AM »
Hey stco85 welcome aboard hope you enjoy the site. You may want to be careful when importing cars from Northern USA as they use Salt on the roads over winter which can cause a lot of rust. F100's are quite popular , although Mopars are becoming more popular there still aren't that many good one's around. Mustang coupe's are all over the place but the Fastback's are the one's everybody seem's to want.

Good Luck with what ever you bring in I'm sure there will be plenty of member's who will be glad to advise on the best way
Enjoy The Ride.    John Pony

2007 GT Tungsten Grey Premium Mustang Coupe. Auto.
IUP, Charcoal Aluminium Interior, Comfort Group, GT Apperance Package, Polished Exhaust Tips, 17" Polished Bullits, Hood Scoop, Shaker 1000, Shorty Antenna, Silver Racing Stripes, C & l  CAI Predator Tune.

LeighP

• Rally Licence
saying Hi
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums..... pretty sure Challengers didn't start till the 70 model year. Might be a Barracuda he's talking about?
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333