Author Topic: what to do on a rainy day......with your car  (Read 12225 times)

Gene

what to do on a rainy day......with your car
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
you could fit some new parts

before

after

there.....that's better

1977 Transam

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
The indicator looks great Gene.

I'm waiting to get Xenon headlights on the transam.  It's all about waiting to get money.

Had it put on a suspension machine yesterday at pedders.  Found out I need new front and rear shocks.  As well as rubbers out the front.  Got to get them done prior to our trip away in Feb.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
I wonder if anyone goes on the Pedders suspension machine and they tell you that your car is perfectly fine.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=4812.msg30029#msg30029
I wonder if anyone goes on the Pedders suspension machine and they tell you that your car is perfectly fine.

I totally agree with you Chris.
Several times they sent my customers back unable to do wheel alingment because excessive free play in freshly fitted bushes. One phone call to head office to Melbourne and replacement manager later problem solved.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

1977 Transam

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 06:28:59 PM »
Guys, not all is as it seems.  This gentleman did a check over my car as a favour to me.  He knows he isn't getting any business out of it.  

The thing is the front and rear do need replacing.  She bottoms out in the rear round corners and the front has excessive bounce.

Rubbers are also totally gone.

Can't corner at any type of speed round a bend.  

I can't expect a 34 year old car to not have parts needing replacement.  

Gene

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
Well I'm glad you got onto it and the improvement in handling will be well worth it - having just done the rubbers in my Camaro it now handles totally different and feels so much better for cruizin....you're gonna enjoy the drive to Batemans Bay! and with a bit of luck there should be another 77 Transam to keep you company. A Y88 with matching numbers.

1977 Transam

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Sounds good.  I remembered how you mentioned the difference in handling Gene last time we chatted.  I'm really looking forward to it.  

I want to get the handling right before I attempt getting extra horse power out of the engine.

Brakes and all other components are all working great now.  Wouldn't say she stops on a dime but it's close enough to it.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333