Author Topic: Can old members be born again??  (Read 10502 times)

MOPARMAN

Can old members be born again??
« on: June 10, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
AS the theme song for "welcome back cotter" plays gently in my memory bank I tap tap tap at the Key board to place my first post in ............ Hmmmmmmmmm .......  must be 2 years perhaps. Truth is I gave up being part of the forum because of the unsavory poison which seemed to be rampant in the posting at the time. Anyway hopefully that's poison and those concepts of communication are history. Long live AMCCA the club that has fun, but behaves itself most of the time. The club that welcomes all who are friendly and those chosen ones that deserve to wear the AMCCA brand. :pat: Enough of the burble ……. “On with the show, this is it” OMG another prehistoric TV tune rumbles away is there somewhere. So after a great nite with some old friends and acquaintances at the ‘Burger joint’ (they’re not a sponsor so they don’t get a mention) in Sylvania, Kindly organised by the Hot rod club, we burned up the asphalt to “Pizza With Muscle” at Kurnell and I had Spag Marinara …… and half of my wife’s pizza ………… and half of my sons pizza. UUUURGH just a bit indulgent? No wonder I’m the size of a small block of flats? Stood out side in the wind (Thanks for that Mick) because it was uncomfortable to remain seated with a belly like an over inflated whoopee cushion and laughed at the antics of the characters in “family Guy” which I’ve never watched … but will now ….in a whole new light.While we were at the Kurnell spot I spotted a dream car. Well dream car for me anyways. 1957 Chevy convertible “Fuelie”, black, original, red and white interior and a nice guy driving it accompanied by his glamorous wife of course. They had some young people with them, which was good to see. Gave them a club card and I hope they consider joining cause I sure wanna see the car at some of our events. Add that one to my scroll of desirable things to pickup when I win Lotto twice. OMG I can hear The Everly Brothers and  “dream dream dream” playing in my head.Sorry you couldn’t make it Garry …. For whatever reason.Hey Gene and Tony, hope you’re having a ball …… you should be. You were missed. No one was late?? (LOL) :ban: Now I’m off to wash the CUDA ……….. hasn’t seen a wet cloth since the run to Albury which was another hoot.Have a nice day boys n girls ……… OMG …………. Yes     ……. Yes its Doris Day can you hear her ……. Kay Sera sera …………….

Dustya

• Speedster
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
Hey Keith your a laugh a minute great post need to see more like that yeah your right it was a good night. Welcome back to the forum look forward to reading more of your twisted humour

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
"That's the spirit soldier"
Good on ya Keith for the great encouraging post. We need more of it to bring this club back together. It has been a disappointing six months or so but you just made me look for a feather duster (no, not the mopar this time but the fluffy kind) so I can get the dust off my keypad.
Let's get the fun back in to the forum and this great club.

And this is from a Mopar guy too...... See?...We are not that bad ass...only our cars.
 Cheers to you all.   :rub:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Gene

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
late huh......Tony's looking at me wondering why I went from studying the computer to bursting out laughing and slapping my hands together.....its 1/4 twelve here and 1/4 past 5pm there.....thanks for the laugh and look forward to hearing more from you.....still smiling

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Way to go Keith great post!!!! So glad to see you posting again And I would like to see some other members take your lead and help get this forum back on track. When all is said and done this is our club forum and it is up to the AMCCA members to provide the content and enthusiasm needed to come back.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
Well done Keith I really was looking forward to a Pizza at Kurnell this car is driving me crazy we think we have fixed it take it out & the same problem comes back anyway not many options left to try before the matches come out.
 :seeya: Garry :hangloose::bolt:
Past And Present Cars

our 66 GT

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
You really are a funny bugger Keith:rol::rol::rol:
I'm sure you have a lot of laughs with your own 'Brady Bunch!'
Welcome back welcome back welcome baack Keith:way:

MOPARMAN

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
Awww geeeze tanx a zillion boys n girls.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333