Author Topic: Wagonmasters  (Read 2891 times)

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
Wagonmasters
« on: June 22, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
Wagonmasters is a documentary by a couple of Wake Forest University students covering the iconic American station wagon. The trailer begins with shots of a 1966 Pontiac GTO wagon, which, despite its absolute hotness, was never actually built by GM. The white-hot grocery-getter looks to be a GTO wagon recreation owned by Rocky Boyles in Raleigh, N.C.

It's an easily forgiven blooper that hopefully doesn't portend a disappointing documentary. A little less easily overlooked is an uncredited quote used in the trailer that says, "The wagon is a thing of the past and I doubt will ever be produced again." How about the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon? BMW 328i Sports Wagon? VW Jetta Sportwagen?

The documentary's official website says the film "offers glimpses into the lives of such wagon enthusiasts, and tells the story of the station wagon as it represents a changing America over the last one hundred years." Despite the possibility of flaws, we'll hold our final judgement until after the film is screened July 28 at this year's Concours d'Elegance of America in Plymouth, Mich.

Click Image For Our Website

Hemifish

Wagonmasters
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »
:fantastic: Go the GOAT

our 66 GT

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
Wagonmasters
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
:way: love the woodies :fantastic:

LeighP

• Rally Licence
Wagonmasters
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:21:20 AM »
Would like to watch that.....I really like classic American stationwagons.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333