Author Topic: you probably don't.. but...  (Read 3796 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
you probably don't.. but...
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
...you probably don't.. but...did anybody tune into 2CH  (AM Sydney) this weekend...???   playing a no repeat "All American" no stress hits of the 50's- 90's.. pretty much back to back...
      I remember years back thinking anybody listening to 2CH were gray rinse nomads taking their last breath...elevator music..... but the station has changed.. or I've gotten older.. or a bit of both ... Worth listening to on the weekends particularly....
 ... and ideal music for a 50's/70's style cafe at Yalla.....

..heard stuff Id forgotten I couldn't remember ...:logic:

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Re: you probably don't.. but...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
 :golfer:
.... Just good radio.. without 90% commericals..

U.S. free to air digital radio stations.. theres a stack of them.. but for easy cruising/listening...  Like a good mix.. Oldies, Rock, Classic Rock, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, Soul, R&B, Disco, Classic Country, Top 40

Try it... link here.. then type in "Oldies that rock"   
http://www.live365.com/index.live#stations/macradiofm?play=2

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »
Sorta Off topic.. but MOVIES.. ... Here.. anybody out there with time... GO AN SEE "THE SAPPHINES"....
Aussie movie.. feel good.. you'll want to see it again..

...take the miss's or the miss's take he old man..
Don't wait for the video.. this sorta movie.. deserves the big  screen..

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/2237215793/The-Sapphires-Trailer

birdman

• Rally Licence
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
I want to go and see this movie,my mates car was used as a taxi,and he was the taxi driver.I was there at the filming.It took 5hrs for a 20sec segment.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »
If any of you are looking for a cheap fathers day present..   drop a hint for the just released Billy Connolly's "ROUTE 66"   two pack DVD..    Got one last week after sitting through weeks of adverts on commercial TV - sorta killed it...... but watched it  again .. makes you just want to jump on a plane.. and go.. He visited parts of it I'd never known about...& I've been fortunate enough to have done it a few times from different directions and sections .. still would do it again tomorrow given half a chance.

Anyway.. the  DVD.. available at Big W and other joints.. Billy Connolly "Route 66"..
 :way:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333