Author Topic: Towradgi Hotel American Muscle Car & Bike Show.  (Read 10514 times)

69vette

Towradgi Hotel American Muscle Car & Bike Show.
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
The Towradgi beach hotel american muscle car and bike show, SES fundraiser is on this Sunday the 7th.
I have attended this show every year since it's inception in 2007 and one of the few park ups that I attend.
Always a great day and for a good cause.
I suspect the big screen will be getting some attention as the big race progresses throughout the day.
Anyone going - see you there.
Stuart.
 :seeya:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: Towradgi Hotel American Muscle Car & Bike Show.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
This event was taken off the calendar a couple of months ago Stuart after the  club voted not to attend the event because of the clash with the Bathurst 1000 the club decided even with the big screens they would not attend. The management of Towradgi were asked to take the AMCCA banner off all their advertising but it appears they didn't.

69vette

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
Sorry Joe,
Didn't mean to indicate it was a club event, only who might be going.
Stuart.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
I'm going, wouldn't miss it...  :exactly:

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
The AMCCA will not be involved in this years show all advertising that had the AMCCA on has been deleted the show is now called Car & Bike show  except the old flyers that were left on the tables which is a pity as it was a great advertising tool for the club. The hotel has informed me they have had a good response for the day & looking forward to a good turn out of bikes & cars. Any one wanting to come along you are more than welcome as there will be big screens with the V8's showing all day through out the hotel.
Regards Garry 
Past And Present Cars

our 66 GT

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
Mark and I will be there... anything that helps raise funds for our local SES..
Last year was a great day..

Gene

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
The AMCCA will not be involved in this years show all advertising that had the AMCCA on has been deleted the show is now called Car & Bike show  except the old flyers that were left on the tables which is a pity as it was a great advertising tool for the club. The hotel has informed me they have had a good response for the day & looking forward to a good turn out of bikes & cars. Any one wanting to come along you are more than welcome as there will be big screens with the V8's showing all day through out the hotel.
Regards Garry

Unfortunately Garry the advertising appearing in the local newspapers has started using the AMCCA's name again - also on last looking the Towradgi Beach Hotel has also re instated the AMCCA's full name so what you are saying is not strictly correct.
The event is a wonderful idea that due to the date it is being held on was voted by the members not to be supported this year and advised accordingly months prior.
However, the cause of the SES is a truly good cause and I wish your day well.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
I still haven't got my Vette back, so I can't go!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
   This is one of the better Illawarra events.. a show that is comfortable for hours, great facilities for younger kids, good food and stalls... clean all weather parking for both cars and bodies..... worthwhile benefit paid to the volunteers.. who give up more then just their time to help US ALL.. when we need help most.. . stress less about little things.... it gives you cancer.... who needs all that crap.. there's enough  of it today as it is..
    Looking forward to it..  Good pro-car community event...    a good cause.. a good group all round..

us2oz

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »
I totally agree with all the comments as to how good an event this has been in the past but to go up against Bathurst in its 50th anniversary year & the last year of Holden v Ford is just plain "Silly"in my opinion (were we really all going to sit inside the night club watching the race and just leave our cars outside all day?). Something should of been done months ago when this was brought to the attention of all concerned.As a committee member last term I was painfully aware of how many times the organizers of this event were told to change the date only to get no meaningful reply?
 To Illustrate the point you only have to look at the amount of other car related events on this day around the state "1" this one!,the average  is 8-10 on any other weekend.
 I for one am extremely disappointed at being forced to choose between the two great events but for me like many other motoring fans all over the country this one day is sacred and I will be spending it with friends in front of the big screen.
 I know not everyone is into the v8's and to those people, especially Club Members ,I would say please consider supporting this event as it is for a great Cause but for me I will look forward to seeing this event return to its original date and putting on a show that really showcases our club it's members and there wide variety of America's Finest Musclecars.
Mick Donaher.......

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333