Author Topic: Sunday 17th C Side Restaurant Early Dinner then cruise to city for photos  (Read 23126 times)

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
C Side Early Dinner then cruise to city for photos
We will meet up at Cside restaurant 110 General Holmes  Drive Kyeemagh (Brighton Le Sands)  for Dinner around 6:00pm. The staff at Cside said it is up to us we can be seated outside on the tables out front or we can use the function room next door if it is a cold evening.Below is the proposed spot that Andy came up with great spot.  Andy has also offered to help others to set up their cameras for night shots this should be a fun night and we should get some priceless pics.
If you have a bi pod for your Camera bring it along

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT GOOD PICTURES

For anyone that's serious in taking some decent shots, i can teach u to make professional looking shots, then bring theses items along if u can...

#Tripod
#DSLR camera with all your lenses ( whether its 1 lens or more!)
(DSLR Refers to your Digital camera that takes lenses)
#Remote cable (if u have one it makes life a hell of a lot easier)
#External Flash, if u have one. Top pop up flash will be no good for flashing the whole car BUT it's better than nothing
#A bright portable light, big torch, or focusable style light which will be used for colouring in your car with light whilst the shutter is open, but u can use a flash as well!

If u have only a compact camera then just try and bring a tripod

Check if your camera has a 'B' symbol on your DIAL or in your MENU, this stands for BULB, which means you can hold your shutter open for as long as u like (that's where a remote comes in handy so there is no camera shake from handling the camera photo button).
Some Compact cameras also have this function so if you want to try using your little snappy cam check to see if it has this function

The reason u need a tripod is because the shutter (the thing that lets light into the camera to make a photo) will be open for a number of seconds, so if there is any movement of the camera (wind, hand shake) the pictures will be blurry. To counteract that you can use your TIMER button instead of holding your finger on the photo trigger button (which will cause camera shake thus blur)

With compact and DSLR cameras, If you just take a photo with everything on automatic at night time then the pictures will look like crap and you won't see the bridge and opera house because the only thing that will be lit up will be the side of the car facing you and everything else will be black.
So hopefully if you are using a compact camera we can leave the flash off, put the ASA (or ISO) at as low as possible
ASA or ISO is a measurement of how the camera calculates the sensitivity of the camera to the light available. The lower the number the less picture grain the higher the quality of the photo!

Ok I need a nap now, I've talked for to long!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

birdman

• Rally Licence
My compact digital and small tripod are ready...Hope we have a clear night

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
  :thank: Andy but that means a whole lot of nothing to me so you will definitely be helping me  :cool:
Click Image For Our Website

ACs79TA

hi
im not a member yet, but willing to join ASAP!
just wondering if i can tag along on this night, sound like fun!!!
cheers!

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Great to have you along! always room for another TA :cool:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
  :thank: Andy but that means a whole lot of nothing to me so you will definitely be helping me  :cool:

Geez its gunna be a long nite!!!!  :bats: surely you got a tripod?  :lol: and have you got a camera that has attachable lenses or one that everything is built in? :thud:
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
  :bats: surely you got a tripod?  :lol: and have you got a camera that has attachable lenses or one that everything is built in? :thud:

I saw a movie once where this guy was called the tripod... :lol: :thank: :thumb: :bolt:

I'll understand if you delete this. :giggle:

roadhound

Great lesson Andy still think most photos will be crap anyway
unless you got 12800-25600 iso in your body
like to try some time during daylight torches oh yeah
Am shopping for a full frame used.

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
Geez its gunna be a long nite!!!!  :bats: surely you got a tripod?  :lol: and have you got a camera that has attachable lenses or one that everything is built in? :thud:

Everything's built in I played with the settings last night and I think I may have got it right, we'll see!
Click Image For Our Website

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333