Author Topic: Albury Weekend away May 16,17 and 18th - American Muscle on the Murray Now with Pictures  (Read 30607 times)

Dustya

• Speedster
Also I would like to thank Kerry for all her help.

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
The weekend was a great success, the members are what makes this run such a great weekend.
There's was plenty of laughs, especially on the Friday night, I didn't know we had so many talented men and women in our club!  :rol:

There were lots of awesome shots taken so stay tuned for them to be put in the gallery

:thank: Yvette  :burnout:
Click Image For Our Website

69vette

This weekend trip just gets better every year. From Nikki and I thanks to Yvette, Mick, Joe and Lesley for the behind the scenes organising.
Steve from Siesta what can one say his organisation for evening activities and the Saturday cruise and Sunday display was a huge contribution to the success of the weekend.
Great to catch up with old friends and met a few new ones.
The Voice had nothing compared to the Friday night entertainment, what talent especially the MC Sisters group.
Stuart.
 :omg:

reba396

• P Plater
  • Welcome
Michael and I would like to thank everyone for this weekend  we had a great time with everyone felt like old friends. I got to express my karaoke style with the ladies and had the pleasure of seeing for my self the famous Keith unplugged and he was great thank you for keeping the night alive and giving us all a great night.  To all the ladies thank you for making my time special I am not as into the cars but I have made friends so I will always be up for more. And for those of you who don't know, little Tommy and I are the ping pong champions of the world.    :bow:

reba396

• P Plater
  • Welcome
Michael and I would like to thank everyone for this weekend  we had a great time with everyone felt like old friends. I got to express my karaoke style with the ladies and had the pleasure of seeing for my self the famous Keith unplugged and he was great thank you for keeping the night alive and giving us all a great night.  To all the ladies thank you for making my time special I am not as into the cars but I have made friends so I will always be up for more. And for those of you who don't know, little Tommy and I are the ping pong champions of the world.    :bow:
okay just for you Ross and Joe keep on trucking. You never know who. Sorry what you might see. Susan

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
    Thank you too.. chance to go away however short is not wasted on this weekend....like others have said.. thank you to the organisers and Steve from the Albury  motel.
   The chance to drive out of Albury.. into country Victoria at this time of year..with the ever changing colour of nature is ..well worth taking in .. just wished some of my own family would do the run..it's beautiful. 
   The trip to the Dartmouth Dam was perfect ..and listening to the history of the former land owner ..how as a kid he'd take the cattle though what is now the bottom of the dam .. a dam 11 times the size of Sydney Harbor is really interesting.. once he started.. I noticed everybody was captivated ... .. witness's to huge historic change like this are hard to come by..   and .. hearing that the entire project  was all done with $139 million in 6 years... in the mid 70's.. a time of no internet... no cell phones... no facebook friends - but real ones... of leaded fuel that was being held back by the Saudi's..... and with a expectional safety record.. wow..a different era.... Luckily the country side is still perfect there. Its at 88% now.. and he was saying the spillway will open sooner or later..love to see that live...
     The Laurel Hotel.. super neat pub..  so  many pictures were taken there, yet from the road.. you'd not give it more then a quick look.. it was full of thick wood, older farming tools.. thick glass doors and a perfect perfect backdrop..
    Thank you for putting this on.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
What a fantastic 3 days, being my first one, I was very impressed by the whole thing! The food was exceptional, the room/resort was fantastic, the company was lots of fun, the cars were all looking unbelievable! The run of Saturday was funny and Spectacular! oh and I won the "Best in Show" on Sunday!
And I must say, The person who showed the most spirit of the event was Dennis! He impressed me firstly with keeping up with us the whole way up and back! He had the oldest car and pretty much is a standard Mustang. He got lost on the 275km run on Sat. but never complained!  :lol:

Anyway heres some of my favourite pics

1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Angry

Big thanks to everyone involved, i only knew Craig n Guffer from Melbourne.
However everyone made me feel more than welcome, and for that I certainly thank you. Unfortunately my wife's health prevented her from attending, but im sure she would have loved being there.
I had hoped that a couple of my mates attend also, but im sure that will be looking to attend next year. One of the Wagga guys managed to make it to the show n shine Sunday and expressed a strong desire to attend in 2015.
Again a big thanks to everyone, some excellent pics to come.
Al.

silverz

• Speedster
 :way:
Fantastic photos! Worthy of a calender? More to come?
Cheers, Bob.
www.tropicanapress.com.au

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Silverz I took about 600 photos! And a good 400 or so of them are fantastic! I was in heaven, so many nice cars in such good scenery! You can't go wrong! I've sent my pics to the webmaster so hopefully they will be up soonish but I did send him a lot!
And I'm sure 'Angry' also took a similar amount so hopefully we'll see his too soon!

I would luv to do a coffee table book or a callender!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333