Author Topic: my "motor-vation" for buying a Pontiac  (Read 3107 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
my "motor-vation" for buying a Pontiac
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
Hello everyone,
for those of you who are interested, I wrote a little blog on what prompted me to buy a Pontiac :

http://wp.me/p22jTf-f

silverz

• Speedster
Re: my "motor-vation" for buying a Pontiac
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »
 :way:
Great blog Z. You're among many likewise minded members in the AMCCA. We all choose to be different and drive our passion, unique American Muscle cars. P.S. Think I saw you drive by Padstow station today while I was lunching at the Vanilla Bean?
Cheers, Bob.
www.tropicanapress.com.au

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »
yeah, most likely, since I am a local and there are not many of these Pontiacs on the road!

are you local? I think I may have seen your car in these parts a while ago...? I recall seeing a silver 4th gen Camaro around Padstow carrying long pieces of wood in the car...???

If you're ever in the neighbourhood, drop me a call, I'm usually at home. 0425212286.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »
Thanks Z, I will catch up sometime soon. I was a local, living at Alfords Point with my publishing business P.O. 385 at Padstow so I check the mail there every Tuesday and Friday.
I'm ashamed to say that was my Camaro. I also own and run a stable of CBD apartments, www.accommodationsydney.com.au overlooking Hyde Park. I was forced to carry timber framing into the city in the Camaro whilst renovating, as the other car was in the shop.
Cheers, Bob. 0414543772.

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »
A catch up would be great, I would be really keen to chat with you about writing/publishing, investment property and of course, cars.

I work from home most days, some days I also look after my youngest son (not yet 3), so I often walk around Padstow...

I hope you didn't do what I did with my Subaru when I carried timber inside... big scratch on my radio and broke the air vents - ouch...!

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
Forget about writing if money motivated. Not enough to make a living, (E.g. most distributors take 80% of RRP). I am experimenting with eBooks, type 'rb shaw' into amazon.com.
Investment property? YES! We bought 7 CBD apartments in 9 years starting with an $80k deposit. A lot of research and footslogging inspecting up to 15 properties each Saturday. I was a 737 engineer with Virgin at the time and carried a huge $1.6m debt on these. (only a 3rd of that now).
Bad luck with your Subaru. I protected the inside of the Camaro with old cushions. My biggest sin a few years back was when trying to isolate a suspected wheel bearing noise. Rolling down Alfords Point hill, I tried 'angels gear' to reduce engine noise and 'overgated' into reverse at 80kph!! Total lock up! Ive been in 2 plane crashes but never felt such brutal deccceleration! Amazingly car and driver survived but don't know about the driver's seat covers on the car behind me? Maybe catch up this Friday? Will contact you Thursday.
Cheers, Bob.

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:33 AM »
Sure thing, Thursday I normally work, but I have not got a booking as yet,  Friday, I'll be around for sure.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333