Author Topic: New Member - Trying to get in touch with...  (Read 18261 times)

Wreckage

New Member - Trying to get in touch with...
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was a long term member of the Moca's mustang forum.

I owned a 1968 Dodge Charger, sold 2 years ago.
I owned a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, sold earlier this year.

That's 2 out of 3 of the best muscle cars (looks wise, to me) that ever existed.

Now, I am in interested in owning the 3rd one, which is a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle.

I always liked 'tough' looking cars that have a "don't mess with me" persona about them. Needless to say, I loved fast and furious 4, 5 and 6 with Vin Diesels Primer 70 Chevelle. Car just looked bad-ass.

Anyways, seeing tough, beasty cars in movies and in person I guess is a little different, because in person, people don't act like they own the streets (aka Vin Diesels persona in the movie) and therefor the car may not seem to portray that as much as it does in movies.

I would like to find out if anyone around the Sydney area (or out towards Bathurst/Cowra direction) had a good/running 1970 Chevelle my wife and I might be able to come and see in the flesh?

I am contemplating on getting one for myself and this would help make the final decision whether I want to look for one to buy or not.

I have a feeling that the Chevelle will be as tough looking as the Dodge, while the mustangs on the 'smaller' side and thus doesn't have that pure muscle look (such as the cars driven by Vin Diesel). There all nice though, I love 70 Roadrunners, 69 Camaros, even the 72 Ford Torino is nice, but I just 'favor' in Mopars - 68 Charger, in Fords - 69 Fastback Mustang, in Chevrolets - 70 Chevelle. There my top 3.

Anyways if anyone is willing to share, I will pass my number or message me yours so I can contact you.

Thanks a bunch!
George

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: New Member - Trying to get in touch with...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:07:08 PM »
George this being the internet and all, your request seems very strange ???
Who is to say that some one was to meet up with you with there car and you just tap them on the head and take the car know what I mean.

Best you just go to a few American car shows till you spot the car you are looking for then walk up and ask the owner a few questions.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »
C'mon Joe, not a very nice way to welcome a potential new member......It's not hard to do a bit of research on him before you bite his head off. He has already joined our forum which means you have his IP address, he has been a MOCA member for a couple of years with 270 posts on the Mustang forum. He is about to jump ship so how about giving him a warmer velcome and maybe invite him to join our club, come to our club meet and get to know him. We are a nice bunch of people, I referred him to our club because I think he is genuine......

BTW his user name on the MOCA forum is "George"

Hi George and welcome to the forum  :thumb:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Wreckage

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:13 AM »
Hey,

sms777 (sorry I dont think I got the name) I can understand his concern. In today's world, sadly, it is a little that way (or at least we can be paranoid about it)

I have recently 'randomly' been given contact details to a man that owns a GT40 Ford, he was willing for me to come and see him at his home. Was a nice older man, retired Mine engineer or something. Got his details from Roaring Forties factory in Victoria. I also met another guy who owns a 1967 Eleanor with (according to prices I got to get one built) over 120,000 invested into it. Was not at his home like the GT40 owner, but, was at some beach bridelesans (or something rather) prior to deciding to buying a 1969 Fastback. Was a nice man also, think he was few years younger than me (less than 30).

I don't mind where someone is willing to meet up, home, shop, club, park, wherever is ok.

Btw - you can contact the people that met me randomly, or ask on the forum at Mocas. I attend the American car show with my wife every year at castle towers.

Sms you have a green challenger in avatar, I also met one guy that owns one of those, 440-sixpack matching numbers, Sublime-Green white stripe. Think he sometimes takes it to the All Mopar day liverpool direction. Nice man to, wondered if you knew him/of who I am talking about. (purposely leaving out names just in case they would not appreciate it posted publicly)

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up, as said, I was not sure how else to actually see one than "Hey all you 70 chevelle owners, whos got one I could come and see" being the most logical option to see 'that' particular car. Because I live 150km west of Sydney, I would rather come to a guarantee, get to know the person rather than a car show where one may not turn up as I drive a while out to get there. That is why I asked Sydney and all the way out towards Cowra.

I am in Sydney for music each Monday so I could do it that day (maybe after music if afternoon suits someone better otherwise early morning, before 10) or come in one day earlier on sunday and then sleep over a friends place to be there for Monday before driving 3 hours back home.

Either/Or, would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys
George

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
C'mon Joe, not a very nice way to welcome a potential new member......It's not hard to do a bit of research on him before you bite his head off. He has already joined our forum which means you have his IP address, he has been a MOCA member for a couple of years with 270 posts on the Mustang forum. He is about to jump ship so how about giving him a warmer velcome and maybe invite him to join our club, come to our club meet and get to know him. We are a nice bunch of people, I referred him to our club because I think he is genuine......

BTW his user name on the MOCA forum is "George"

Hi George and welcome to the forum  :thumb:

C'mon Chris you seem to be suggesting I never did my research. I have run this forum for many years now and I do know what I am doing.
I have access to Wreckage's profile and I did search the MOCA site for his username and the email address he used to join our forum both of which returned no result.
And yes I do have access to his IP address through our data base but unfortunately I do not have access to the MOCA data base so I do not have a search option over there to search his IP all his IP tells me is he is posting from Australia.

You then go on to say I bit his head off (SERIOUSLY! Chris) over the past six years I have run this forum, I have deleted hundreds if not thousands of scammers. The fact that I gave George the benefit of the doubt and left the post in place after finding nothing on MOCA using the information I have on hand then offered a suggestion of a way he could possibly have a better chance of seeing a Chevelle in the flesh how is that biting his head off.

The way I see it is I would rather suggest caution to my members and be wrong than say nothing and be right.

Anyhow Welcome to the forum George

Wreckage

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »
Thanks Joe.

My name on Moca Forum is "George".

This was the post I started

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,24169.0.html

A guy called sms777 told me to sign up to this forum... er.... wait a sec.... thats the same person here!? Slow.

Search my posts. Met a lot of people through that forum.

I met an Eleanor user who owns St Marys prestigue (made Hellanor - Red Candy). Shaun who helped me get the parts for my Mustang etc.

So this time Joe, you are wrong, but still liked.  :cheers:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »
Cheers George just doing my job and in this case I am glad I am wrong  :thumb:

Wreckage

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 12:16:39 PM »
No problem.

Now that everything is clear...

Who can help me see a 70 Chevelle, what car show is around the corner, anyone up for meeting up at a public place somewhere (or whatever convenient)... etc....

Ta
G-

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 12:49:24 PM »
Hi George,

Welcome to the forum, we have our Collector Car Appreciation Day on the 13th July at our Wild West MuscleCar Garage so your welcome to come along to that as there is always a wide variety of nice cars and there's sure to be a Chevelle or two on show.

Cheers Yvette
Click Image For Our Website

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:00:06 PM »
You just have to start going to as many events as u can! Theres not too many 70 chevelles around but I constantly see a red 454 around at major shows
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333