Author Topic: RIP Ross Butlin  (Read 2790 times)

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
RIP Ross Butlin
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:50:03 PM »
Hi All

I unfortunately have to be the bearer of extraordinarily terribly sad news this afternoon. 

Our dear friend Ross lost his battle with cancer this morning at 10am at home; it thankfully was a peaceful passing.

The tentative details for the funeral are as follows:
Monday 6 January 2020
Forest Lawn Memorial Park
Camden Valley Way
Time: afternoon has been requested

Now is the time to come together and celebrate the life of our friend and be there for Cheryl and the Butlin family.

Skipman

• Speedster
Re: RIP Ross Butlin
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
So sad to hear the news our thoughts and prays go out to Cheryl and the family

cassanth

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 03:49:25 PM »
I didn’t know Ross as well as many others here, but I do know that my interactions with him were always filled with some fun and humour. Always on for a chat and a yarn about cars, he was a genuine guy that told it like it was. He will be missed by all in the club.

As I posted this I realised how apt my profile quote is regarding Ross.
There will be 2 dates on your tombstone, and all your friends will read em. But the only thing that matters is that little dash between em.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:38 PM »
How tragic, but were pleased Ross & Cheryl had some quality time at their new Bargo 'ranch' before this insidious disease struck. They also got to see their new grandchild & celebrated their daughter's wedding in their new extension.
Our deepest sympathies go to Cheryl & family with the sad loss of our brave mate Ross. We will miss your great personality and wicked sense of humour.
Bob and Susan.

70SS

• Rally Licence
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 07:08:26 PM »
Bren, Kel, Arthur, Adam & I were so sorry to hear this news earlier today. Ross & Cheryl gave us amazing support earlier this year and we can only offer Cheryl the same.

Ross was a great person - he always made time for everyone, and was once or twice heard telling people his humble opinion on things  :way: He & Cheryl always went out of their way to seek out my parents at Albury, despite them not being members, and that always made my parents' weekend! He was a person I will always proudly call a friend!

Ross, you will be very much missed, but Cheryl, you have a another family in the AMCCA who are there for you.

Putting this out there - I will be bringing my muscle car to the funeral, and I urge anyone else that can to please also do so... as you did for my mum. It just seems fitting!

:bow: Ross

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333