Author Topic: PICS from today's Muscle Car Masters  (Read 6904 times)

us2oz

PICS from today's Muscle Car Masters
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »
What a crappy day, not happy that Mick is racing in this, after yesterday trying to practice in this weather he said he had BMWs passing him, he just had no grip even with the wet weather tyres on (they are like ice skates!!).

He will try and qualify today to get a spot and hopefully have better weather tomorrow. :8

If you go off the track when its wet, good luck chances are your going to hit something, so today I decided Im not going to the track as I would be a nervous wreck.

Lets all hope that the weather clears tomorrow and he can be upfront where he belongs.

See you at the track tomorrow if you can brave this weather...

P.S HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS;v

Cheers

roadhound

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
Did Mick Qualify? hope it clears overnight.
any updates on display on as usual?..cheers

GULLY

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
A big crowd today at the Muscle Car Musters and some great racing. Link to pics of the muscle cars on display at Eastern Creek today: http://www.carsofaustralia.com.au/events_gallery.php?details=182

GULLY

us2oz

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Thank you to everyone that come over and said hi and wished me well for today. I had an ok day seeing that I qualified 22nd yesterday in the crap conditions. Race 1 yesterday I finished 16th, race 2 I finished 9th.

Todays racing I started from 9th and finished 4th (just) after having brake problems (you would know what I mean in one of these beasts about no brakes). In the second race today I started from 4th and finished 7th after again loosing brakes and having tyre problems.

Although not the results I was looking for (or use too) a good weekend of racing.

Hope you enjoyed the day, watching the Muscle Cars do there thing!!!

Cheers Mick ;J

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 10:55:30 PM »
Fantastic day, good to watch you race mick! And good to hear and watch those old V8s go around the track, especially my favourite Bob Janes ZL-1! Some of those Camaros and Mustangs sounded awesome.
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 11:19:10 PM »
watched most of the days racing today :)
was excellent
cant wait to see the f5000 in more numbers racing
must admit i tended to stay away from the car show area ,saw Andrews car but Not Andrew :(
excellent days entertainment and great value for money !

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
Well the weather cleared up which spells traction for the big cars and some great action of the starting grid.
Big thanks to Mick for the excitement when you went from 9th to 4th in the 2nd race
Also like to thank Mal for answering all my questions about all the old cars you are like an encyclopedia of muscle cars man thank you.;12;12;12;12

roadhound

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »
I know how you feel Joe, seeing those muscle beasts was exciting.when I first arrived I got to watch a 69 fastback mustang and a 69 blue camaro going hammer and tongs lap after lap at the head of the pack. I never went to bathurst in the early yrs but was glued almost to the tv and remember the 69 blue and yellow camaro rolling at the top of the mountain.

Sry never got to see you Mick but am pleased that you finished each race and the Camaro was competitive and you enjoyed the racing

cheers .........................les

us2oz

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »
I am glad you enjoyed the day. It is always a top meeting.

;F

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333