Author Topic: Thankyou to Peter and Robyn.  (Read 4443 times)

Kroooozer

Thankyou to Peter and Robyn.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »
Just bumping this up again....will have to let brewery know to free unwanted rooms this weekend...petrol is cheaper....so here's your last chance of a guaranteed room....just let me know if you have booked...looking forward to a great weekend...good wine and company... :cool:

Bob.B

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »
Were coming too!. Just booked in yesterday at the Brewery.Looking forward to a great weekend.
Are we organising a meeting point so we can all rock up together?.
Were leaving Friday....
Bob & Deb.

Kroooozer

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Ok....a bit of an update....I plan on getting away and picking Robyn up from work at Hurstville just after 4.00pm and should be at the Expressway around 4.45pm if anyone wants to meet up Friday afternoon and travel together.

Here are some rough plans for the weekend.

Friday: Arrive at Potters and check-in / unpack and dinner at the bistro..... they have an open fire and usually some form of entertainment..... opening ceremony for olympics may be on TV from around 10.30pm with Aussies due to come out around 12.30am.

Saturday: For early starters who want to head down to Cessnock swap meet I was thinking of getting away around 7.00 am for around 2hrs look around.....others can sleep in and have breakfast at the bistro at their leisure. Was hoping that the Saturday arrivals or day trippers could be there and checked in by 10.00am (if possible) so we can start the day by going to the Smelly Cheese & chocolate shop for a short visit. Up the road to Tempus Two to have a look at their huge cellar door sales area (they also have a nice and reasonably priced Thai restaurant for those that prefer a change for dinner) and a short drive across the road to McGuigans. Park there and you can check out the cheese shop there as well (its a bit expensive) we'll go wine tasting and recommend you try the 'Noon Harvest'.....can only be bought there and we need to get at least 3 cases (they give you 13 bottles to the case). We will leave the cars parked there and walk across the vineyards to Brokenwood for more tasting.
From there we plan to head out on around a 20min drive direct to Ridgeview vineyard which is a small family owned establishment where I have arranged a free sausage sizzle lunch at noon and you can try their full range of wines and they can answer all your questions. They are really friendly people and its a little out of the way and most people don't know its there so we will probably have it all to ourselves. I have to warn you though that we need to travel around 3klms on dirt / gravel road to get there so I understand if anyone is reluctant to take their car there. I will be travelling slow along this section and believe it is worth the trip. An alternate option is for those who won't travel this road is to go to Bluetongue Brewery for lunch.
After lunch we intend to return the way we came and stop at Iron Bark Hill vineyard and this is next door to an antique shop which is full of amazing things. Next is a stop at the Binnorie Dairy where you can sample there range of cheeses and the best marinated fetta. Across the road is Bluetongue brewery where you can get a paddle (small glasses of each of their range of beers) to sample if you wish. Heading back and subject to time we may stop in at Peterson's champagne house  before returning to Potters and maybe a spa (bring appropriate swimwear just in case) before dinner and whatever happens that evening.

Sunday: Breakfast and anyone who wants to go to Cessnock swap meet try and be back at hotel by around 9.30 for a 10.00 check out and we will head to Hunter Valley Gardens Village to walk around all the shops they have. Xmas, Candle, Chocolate, Oils, etc etc.....and I know a few are really interested in going to the Hunter Valley Gardens which is apparently worth a visit....the afternoon is free to go where ever for lunch....Harrigan's Irish Pub is an option......will probably look at leaving by at least 2.00pm for an easy drive back home before dark.

If anyone wants to do their own thing feel free.....call Peter on 0412 549 812 at any time to see where we are.....also open to suggestions of places others would like to visit.

68PONY

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
peter sounds great count all 4 of us in ,we are leaving at 7.30am sat should be there at 9.30 am
cheers chris

68PONY

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 05:28:56 PM »
what a top weekend, we had a great time with the gang, thanks peter and robyn (kroooozer) for organising the weekend can not wait till the next one .
can't wait to see the photos

Bob.B

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
;J;v:cool::):6:2
I just want to say, thankyou to Robyn and Peter for a Great funfilled weekend to the Hunter Valley.Bob and I Had the best time with all the others that came. I think we all had a terrific time, I know a very merry one!with all the wine tasting.
I know that if we had another trip there again, we'll be first on the list.
Terrrific!
Deb.

Yelo_69

• Speedster
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
Mal & I would like to thank Robyn & Peter for a well organised weekend of fun & lots of wine tasting.:cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  ;x
Our accomodation was fabulous & would definately stop there again.:)
Thanks also to the others who attended, will post the photos shortly.

Cheers Maureen

[align=center]

[/align]

Kroooozer

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 12:16:45 AM »
Thanks guys for posting all those pics....it was a pleasure (and not really much effort) but the great company is what makes these trips fun.......its good to know everyone enjoyed it and thats satisfying for me.....Peter & Robyn

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333