Author Topic: All American Day  (Read 7000 times)

LeighP

• Rally Licence
All American Day
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:29:40 AM »
Garry,
Do you know anyone from the organising club for the All American Day at Castle Hill......?
They really need to get some serious feedback in the form of "its too damn hot in January" to have a car run on a rooftop parking lot.....
This is a good run, but it should be held in March maybe at this location.....if they want a January date near to Australia day, they should consider a big grass park with shade trees somewhere........
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
All American Day
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »
Hi leigh.
   I have spoken to David from the Mustang club regarding this event before, the problem is that Westfield sponsor this event & want it on at this time of year & on the rooftop parking area. To me it is crazy because the #'s seem to be getting fewer each year I know the club that I was president off we would get about 40 cars & they had about 26 turn up yesterday even the Mustang #'s seemed to be down as well. The only reason I went was to advertise our new club & get the word out about it I think we picked up about 5 new members that want to join. I was very happy with our group that turned out I think for memory we had about 16 cars in our group not bad for a club that has been up & running for only 4 months . I would like to say thanks to the guys that turned up & it was good to see that our club secretary John Mafrici took out best corvette on the day.
 See Ya Garry :cool:
Past And Present Cars

Steve

• Speedster
All American Day
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:32:12 PM »
yeah westfield sponsor it and traditionally that weekend is the slowest weekend of the year for trading ,hence to use of the car park on that day .....drags alot of people in to look at the cars and car owners want to escape from  the heat ....its a retail opportunity for them that is all !!!!
honestly the event has outgrown the rooftop of a shopping centre and needs to move on to a more car (and person) friendly venue ,not sure if i will ever go to it again IF it is still in that location

roadhound

All American Day
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:32:40 PM »
Shame it got that hot but well done to all that braved the sauna conditions 65c on the concrete.Our display was great and well supported and ignored by rival club adjacent to us pity that an extra NEW car club should be treated like that.
No amcca cars are featured  in their photo forum [ just C5 and one silver cobra].
I've just signed up on the forum  nice to meet everybody I'm located in the sydney south west and always open to cruise opportunities and get togethers    cheers  les

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
All American Day
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:46:17 PM »
Welcome Roadhound.
   It is a pleasure to have you come on board our forum & it will be a pleasure to have you on our club runs, whenever you get the chance. As for the other club hopefully on day they will grow up & get on with life as our members are just along for the ride & the good times we are having driving our cars & meeting new friends every run we go on, because no one in our club has any problems with them. Our aim is to have a melting pot of American cars to enjoy not just one brand & it seems to be what people want with the following we are getting. It was a shame they had to wait till most of us left before coming over to take a photo of that great looking Cobra which is our club car of the month
  See Ya Garry.  :cool:
Past And Present Cars

LeighP

• Rally Licence
All American Day
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:10:41 PM »
Hello roadhound, nice to see another southwest person register on the forum. Welcome. :cool:
Some clubs are a little odd...I'm in another club that I dispair of ever getting the members to actually drive their cars....theres around up to 4 of us from that club that turn up at events.....no one else seems interested.... :( at least the guys here drive their cars and go to runs etc.
Personally, the All American Day is going to have a private temperature limit placed on it in the future....if the forecast says anything over 32 max....I'm boycotting. lol.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

YellowLightning

All American Day
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »
did any body get any pics as i didn't get to make it due to i had to work

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
All American Day
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »
Mat i took some & Richard has just given me some I will send them off to Peter today :8
  See Ya Garry. ;)
Past And Present Cars

YellowLightning

All American Day
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »
:4

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
All American Day
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
Perhaps some of the other car clubs could approach Westfield directly and explain that a lot more people would turn up (and spend money in their shopping centre) if it was held at a more user friendly time.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333