Author Topic: rhd camaro  (Read 5212 times)

Jethro

• Speedster
rhd camaro
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:27:38 PM »
Not sure how much faith I'd put in this, because I got the information from a Car Salesman and you know what they say about those blokes...... But while I was at the one of the local Wollongong Holden Dealerships today I got talking to a new sales bloke and he hold me that they are in final negotiations with G.M. in the states and hopeful to be selling new C6 Corvette's and Camaro's in mid to late 2009! How good would that be?;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w;w
[img width=200 height=150]https://americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/forum/signatures/J

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
rhd camaro
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
At what price?? $180,000 - $200,000 for the 'vette and about 20 or 30K less for the Camaro (I'm only guessing). Nothing with a Chevrolet (or Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Ford or Chrysler) badge is worth anything like that.  
In any case, I doubt that GM would be bothered to go to the trouble of RHD engineering either of these cars.

Steve

• Speedster
rhd camaro
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by bonnevista

In any case, I doubt that GM would be bothered to go to the trouble of RHD engineering either of these cars.

Chris
I think you will find that the Camaro and t he Corvette will share the same platform ,meaning that the engineering for BOTH of those cars has already been done !

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
rhd camaro
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
Originally posted by ausmonza

Chris
I think you will find that the Camaro and t he Corvette will share the same platform ,meaning that the engineering for BOTH of those cars has already been done !

I know the engineering has been done for these cars in LHD, but in RHD??  I'll believe it when I see it.

Venix

rhd camaro
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »
I read a couple of months ago when the spy photo's of two Camaro's came out driving around Sydney, that they were going to be made in RHD as they were looking at providing them to the UK market as well. In the same article they said that if they do that, they will be sold here also.

I haven't heard anything about Corvette though, but I haven't exactly been reading too much at all about Corvette.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
rhd camaro
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 07:57:50 AM »
RHD camaro is coming thru.. as long as the now global financial crisis & its so important .. FLOW ON effects.. + coupled with the still current fuel crisis leaves many vehicles on the chopping block..  especially those large speciality icons...  
  Bigger problems on the horizon but..... GM itself has less then one years supply of borrowed funding left.. and that its unable to make a profit or even break even.. will.. like FORD..  force some more drastic action... and that is tuned for early 2009.

roadhound

rhd camaro
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »
Ok so how many  of these camaros  will be purchased here
2.....6,,,,,,,,,,,12..Maybe someone like Bob Jane can bring out 500
of them and TRY and get rid of them.
Best leave em lefters the car clubs should push to change
the legals.
In the U.K. you dont have to convert anything so why would you want to wreck a new Camaro.Brand new vettes are driven as is.
as they were built.Arn't we still run by them, england.
The  GM people tested the corvette Z06 here a black one left hook
was driven all over NSW what a job! mainly driven at night doing chip mods thru its many on board computers The car was tracked back to detroit for final adjustments.

Your Spot on Chris not enough demand to warrant RHD

roadhound

rhd camaro
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
A family auto worker told me the 2010 camaro was tested in australia
mainly to avoid attention.it wasnt rhd.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
rhd camaro
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
Originally posted by roadhound
Arn't we still run by them, england.

I sure hope not.

Steve

• Speedster
rhd camaro
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »
Originally posted by roadhound
Arn't we still run by them, england.

I sure hope not.

No its actually worse than that ..........we are run by lobby groups that put pressure on our elected representatives ,elected by sheeple that do not think to much about their vote ..hence the big stink about being on top of the ballot paper !!!
thats why the raws workshops came in to stop jap imports (lobby groups from the auto industry )..........they did a great job didnt they and as a side affect it screwed up the usa imports

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333