Author Topic: Sept 5 Muscle Car Masters. Now With Lots More Pics & Now With More Videos  (Read 16495 times)

Parion1

Sept 5 Muscle Car Masters. Now With Lots More Pics & Now With More Videos
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
Well what a brilliant day, being the first Masters that Marion and I have attended, it certainly won't be the last. Apart from the wind, the weather was great. Unfortunatly things didn't go overly well for Mick, but the drive he put on in his second event was to say the least, FANTASTIC, coming in seventh from a twenty fifth place start. You made the day for us Mick and it's a shame you have decided to retire from the racing game.
:fantastic:

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »
Well done Mick you really are a great driver to achieve the result you did in the last race :way:  

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
Thank you to all the members who supported Mick today, hope you all had a good time.

Race 1 - Mick had pole position and lead for the first couple of laps with the Camaro of Stubber passing him and taking the win with Mick in Second.

Race 2 - Well about 1 hour before the race Mick was called upto the stewards office (a place he is familiar with) regarding an incident during race 1 with the Red Falcon which was next to him on the grid, as they approached corner one of the start the Falcon was squeezing Mick onto the grass, as Mick had the line Mick stuck to his guns and keep into it and they had a bit of a rub (on the drivers door of the Falcon, so yes way past the B pillar) the Falcon went off! Word has it that another competitor (in a yellow car??) told him that he should take action that what happened was unaceptable (mind you this yellow car?? did not hesitate to go through when all this was going down. At the stewards hearing the Falcon driver told Mick that he did not care what had happened that it was a racing incident, so the charges were dropped. But, then they told Mick that he, Des Wall and the falcon driver were being penalised 60secs for jumping the start, Mick said to them well if thats the case why didn't you black flag us for a drive through penalty, the answer was we decided to keep you guys out there. So in a nut shell Mick had to start from 25th position and charged his way through the field to finish in 7th, so another top run from him.
The organiser obviously know who they want on the track as yesterdays decisions and todays show this, so they enjoy the racing as much as the spectators do!

Once again thanks to all for the support and next year Mick will probably be joining you on the hill as a spectator :zip:

Cheers Yvette

P.S. I did not have our camera this weekend so if anyone has some shots please post them on the forum.

:seeya:
Click Image For Our Website

cpu

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
A few pics just in by Matt & Leanne

[align=center]

[/align]

her69

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
  • Club President
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
Great photos Matt:cool:

What a wonderful day Muscle Car Masters is, & the BEST parking in the place:agree:

For all who couldn't make it, maybe next year you can.

Congratulations to Mick (#7)  on a fabulous drive from 25th to finish 7th well done.:bow:

Thanks to everyone who came & Leanne for making lunch for some of us. Great club, great members.

Cheers Maureen

Bumblebee

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »
Thank you to the club, organisers and feloow members for making this such a great day, and Mick and the team for putting on a really spirited performance for us all to cheers for.:fantastic:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
I hope I dont have to work next year again, what a fantastic day! I hope mick could hear us cheering from the sideline! What a good effort and some great driving!!! :hangloose:
ohh and a good effort by joe, suckin up to the SBS guys to film both his cars, trophies are not just good enough! now he wants to be a movie star as well!!!! :rol:Sorry joe, its just that I was jealous!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

stanglover

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 10:24:06 AM »
What a :fantastic: day!! It was the little mans' first time watching the racing, and I'm sure if he couldn't hear me or just decided to ignore me?!.......
Thank you again Maureen for the ticket and going out of your way to meet me in the morning.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »
Some pre race modelling shots  (I can put them on a CD if you want Yvette?)

the race

carpark

One of our new cars in the club!

1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

lazy69

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 09:34:27 PM »
Is that Steve's 67? Looks good, can't wait to see it in person.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333