Author Topic: Camaro Firebird & US Muscle Car Nats 2016  (Read 28712 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Re: Camaro Firebird & US Muscle Car Nats 2016
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »
9 weeks to go and now past 50% capacity..  most Events tend to double in the last 6 weeks.. so looking good for a pretty full event..  Down in Tumut again this weekend tightening up the screws..

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
8 weeks to go

While entry forms and pre-entries are continuing to come in .. currently if you have entered and paid longer then 2 weeks back & not received a written letter & confirmation back now  with your Entrant # windscreen card.. please contact me. Otherwise.. entries will continue till we max out.

Onging preparation...in Tumut this weekend.. there will be a casual photo session for some future press requirements.. if anybody is in the region with their US vehicles..  let me know. There is some incredible high country, historic & iconic locations in and around the town for pictures.   Actually trying to set up a Fly Fishing intro to... as something a bit different again on the Sunday if anybody has time... in the perfect, clean, flowing snowy mountains river system.. see how this goes..

Link to the Elton John Tribute show booked in the historic Montreal Theater for all entrants . Easter Saturday Night.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
Tumut this weekend.. if anybody is wanting to turn up this weekend for a photo opportunity in Tumuts main street.. Saturday afternoon.. join in.. let me know plz.

ALSO.. looking to secure some help .. Friday 3-7pm.. Saturday 8.30 to about noon..judging...

Sunday Night about 10 people from about 5.30pm on an off..

Anybody thats available please note yourself here..

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 02:53:13 AM »
HI Dave,
I am available Friday night and Saturday for judging as you already know.
Cheers,
Alan

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 11:13:30 PM »
https://youtu.be/xbn7r5wn7tg?t=37    .. in the very old restored Montreal Theater.... hoping the walls make this place depth & soul..

During this weekend.. .....specifically for the Nats entrants.. in Tumut.. as part of the co-operation with Tumut Council..   finalizing arrangements  for special parking if needed.. for the Easter Saturday night Nats event at the Montreal Theater... envisaged now for the street outside the theater  to be closed off completely for about 75-100 vehicles parking.. for the evening.. so  for those not wanting to leave your cars at the motels.. or staying further out. etc.. you can come to town..park in the reserved parking.. lock up your car.. the uniformed Tumut SES is overseeing the security aspects ..  Will make a good photo shoot on its own I expect...  Also idea for those coming into town to eat in town.. good parking from 6pm to 11pm just for the entrants US entered vehicles.

Phillip123

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 02:42:50 AM »
Firebird Trans Am is so rare to be found these days. These guys really surprised me with their enthusiasm at their age  :cheers:

http://www.musclecarszone.com/look-at-the-best-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-car-that-also-won-an-award-at-sema-this-hurst-edition-is-more-than-perfect/

knight2000

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »
I have already register and paid ....also booked the hotel cant wait for this one !!!! :thumb: :thumb:

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 11:33:59 PM »
    LOTS AND LOTS went together this weekend in tightening up the screws in Tumut..
SES.. looking after the closed off street for about 75 cars parking on Saturday night confirmed.. council confirmed street closure request in place for the evening as a late request add on.. just for this event.. try getting that done this way in cities or big country towns.. 
  Had local regional radio station tape an 18 minute interview and review of whats going on.  Arranged  with Adelong pub.. which is 15 minutes away .. to be catering for those doing the Run#1 out to the Gold mine.. and the NWP tour guide to be on hand to do at least 2 - 3 tours from noon Good Friday.. as well as Sunday.
  As 90% of food places are closed on Good Friday.. have also as extra.. arranged with Rotary.. for a optional limited to first 200 persons 4pm till 7pm . ...decent $8 per head BBQ/ meat/fish / Salad & tea & Coffee at the Railway station.   Tumut has a McDonalds and a smaller Pizza place open and one pub open from what I can get advance confirmations on Good Friday but  we need to eat & many getting there Thursday & Friday earlier then dinner etc... .but like most places outside of fastfood.. . .most are shut.. so the Rotary guys have stepped up .. again..  They just did a 2,200 person catering job for Visy.. who are HUGE in the region of plantation timber.. (and apparently the largest container exporter of wood out of the country).
   Did other arrangements that will be talked about a bit later.   
  For the Saturday afternoon street closure.. /Display... Each block of the two blocks can hold comfortably 75 cars each min.. maybe 90 if needed. Have to we aware for commonsense reasons not to park opening doors on each other. .or over street fire pipe outlets. Fire Station which is in town.. is moving its assets out for the Saturday afternoon if need be.  Sydney Event DJ John McCoy-Lancaster to be on the mic in the main street during the 1pm-4pm time slot.   
    Sunday both Adelong and Talbingo prepared for visitors.. more on that later.
   Thank you to Allan from Wagga for taking the time to trailer his very neat 69 over to Tumut for a very usable series of shots.. 

ANY AMCCA member who wants to go.. inc non GM owners  YOU ARE SPECIFICALLY WELCOME..

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 12:18:06 AM »
7 weeks to go..

As many going to the Tumut Nats will visit the very small town of  "Talbingo" for the first time..  check this link.. will all start to be more interesting when you see whats actually happened..

http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com/junee-talbingo-speedway.html

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »
6 Weeks to go..

http://www.cfusnats.com/uploads/4/5/5/2/45522849/natsfinal__call.pdf

Camaro Firebird & US Muscle Car Nats update
        Australia... TUMUT NSW  Easter 2016.
        For those going.. From Noon Friday till Sunday night will go in a flash..
        For those who don't know about it.. your update is here.. 6 weeks out.

For those entered.. your updates are also on cfusnats.com but you will ..mid March . .get the program in detail posted to you. Please check it. .A LOT Is happening.. Lots... Entries continue and are welcome. See;cfusnats.com

I can NOT under estimate .. the things that you will be able to do at Tumut.. unlike ANY .. ANY .. club type event we have ever done..or any we have EVER attended.. I can't say what I want to say as the events for the entrants..first up.. but barring crook weather or something we  cant work against.. this should be one of the  best GM Muscle Car family events every staged.
        You will remember this for all the right reasons I expect.. and importantly want to come back to the Tumut Region again..
        If you have a paid entry ($99 for a couple & one applicable car).. you will be posted a detailed program around the 15th March.
Dave Clee

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333