Author Topic: When sideways should be legal  (Read 2173 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
When sideways should be legal
« on: February 17, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »
I am normally a very conservative driver, I try to drive like a granny, rarely am I spinning wheels and never have I done a "burn out".

However, last night after I dropped a friend off at his home, I was in the right lane at a set of traffic lights and a P-plater in a baby 4 cylinder Lancer decided he'd take the left lane, in order to get in front of me. Whilst it is ok to go straight from that lane, normally, the left lane here was to turn left - there was a green arrow for the cars in the left lane to turn left that was just about to turn red, therefore, he decided to take the inside lane.

Normally, I don't bother wasting my time and fuel on such things, but for some reason, I could not help remind him of one basic rule:

Don't mess with an 8, mate.

You can guess what happened next. A little sideways action, but it was not from their car. It was all over in 2 seconds.

Did I have a point to prove, or am I just being a rev-head? Or perhaps a bit of both??

:smile:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: When sideways should be legal
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
It's about time you drive like a man.....but than again it could have been that your car got sick of you and went into full command mode and showed you how it's done. What's the point having a V8 and drive it like grandma would. I am a lot older than you but believe me the traction control is always turned off in my Beemer and I am ready for action. I have also grown eyes on the back of my head.....
You are never too old to be a revhead......as long as you do it responsibly. Remember....we have a lot more experience than those P laters in their winky cars... :burnout:   

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Skipman

• Speedster
Re: When sideways should be legal
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »
There's a little bit of rev head in everyone! Just put them behind a v8 and it usually comes out. I am lucky the speedo is in mph the wife has trouble working out just how fast I am going and after 50 mph the speedo is so out she always thinks I am going under the limit

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333