Author Topic: Re Trackday  (Read 16579 times)

418mach

• P Plater
Re Trackday
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 11:48:09 AM »
the Judgement Day is a spin off from The Day Of Drags which was a pretty good day and is growing in numbers each event and expect that it will get better every time. The Judment day and DOTD have a year of manufacture cutoff so the cars are from a similar period, DOTD  format was heads up qualifying before lunch then dial in your time eliminations after, then if your eliminated you can keep running in another group. I will going to the Nostalgias latter this and probably a starter for this if the dates are not too close. all great fun days
it is what it is
EFI 418W 3v CHI Heads
11.94 @ 119mph

heven67

• Rally Licence
Re Trackday
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
WHEN.......I get my car back I will be up for it!
But before that I need to get it up on a dyno and see what my carby and timing is doing! anyone have any suggestions where I can go! someone whom has an idea on rotchesters!
LUVHEV:fingers:
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re Trackday
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Quote from: heven67 link=topic=3425.msg20873#msg20873
But before that I need to get it up on a dyno and see what my carby and timing is doing! anyone have any suggestions where I can go! someone whom has an idea on rotchesters!

Now....There is your problem. Rochester on a Ford.
What were you thinking?
I can guarantee it would perform better with a Holley 700 or 750 and i could tune it for you in ten minutes without going near a dyno.
Cheers, Chris.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

SBC-68-FIREBIRD

Re Trackday
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 06:04:56 PM »
Judgement day is on Saturday the 13th of November & I spoke to the lady who runs the Nostalgia's & she said she is still waiting to get a confirmation from WSID but the original date they were given a few months ago was Sunday the 21st November. Only 1 week apart for both event which is a PITA, would be good if these are going to stay as annular events if they could spread them a bit further apart.

I know a few guys who are keen to get out to the track when they dont have to put up with the normal street meet crap, myself included.

Cant beat a Holley for ease :exact:

heven67

• Rally Licence
Re Trackday
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=3425.msg20874#msg20874
Quote from: heven67 link=topic=3425.msg20873#msg20873

Now....There is your problem. Rochester on a Ford.
What were you thinking?
I can guarantee it would perform better with a Holley 700 or 750 and i could tune it for you in ten minutes without going near a dyno.
Cheers, Chris.

Do you think if it were a chev it would run better?
Sorry Chris Ive been there and one day it ran OK but the next it had a flat spot, the rottie runs quite nice...so at this stage I will stick to checking my AFR's are OK.

Tell you what, In the near future I will get another manifold and a holley, if you can get it to run smooth I will pay you, if you cant ............:hangloose:
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

qqmoon

Re Trackday
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »
Pull on the hand brake URGENT UPDATE Change of Date to Sunday the 14th of November tell the world spread the word
Sorry for any inconvenience but the new boss at SD wants our day and we got the next so in a good way the track will be super STICKY

Joseph

cpu

Re Trackday
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
We have merged the two threads that were running about the same topic into this one topic

PAP

Re Trackday
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
I'm keen to have a go, it would be good to see what my old girl will do down the 1/4.

SBC-68-FIREBIRD

Re Trackday
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
I am leaning towards entering this run over the nostalgia's just for something different plus sounds like you get plenty of runs in.
Should be good being after a bracket meet as they fully prep the track for them guys :)
You will have a blast PAP.

PAP

Re Trackday
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
sounds like it will be fun, i'm a bit like you, in that i am little bit stand offish when it comes to going on a wednesday night.
i have emailed for some info so i will keep you guys posted if i find anything out, if you have any info let me know.  

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333