Author Topic: Petition against changes to Modified Vehicle laws NSW  (Read 14898 times)

rattusrex

Petition against changes to Modified Vehicle laws NSW
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 08:27:30 AM »
A sensible approach. Does anyone know the actual numbers of car club members State and Federally? Eddie

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »
Thanks for the post cluxford,Some reputable info on it.

Here is the link to the  thread wich contained that post:

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=37930

After some calls today,

The Governments web site is a bit slow with the changes to the Ministry.It is no long Robertson.

It is infact David Borger,
Telephone:
 (02) 9228 3555

Fax:
 (02) 9228 3585

Email:
 minister@borger.minister.nsw.gov.au

Street Address:
 Governor Macquarie Tower
Level 37, 1  Farrer Place, SYDNEY NSW 2000

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=3437.msg20961#msg20961

The Governments web site is a bit slow with the changes to the Ministry.It is no long Robertson.

It is infact David Borger,

Thats because Ministers changer every week in this Government!

Thanks for the link to ozrodders, I will be following the thread! I just hope that taking action wont be to late! We need a organize a representative organization very quick with all types of car clubs including doof doofers!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
Howdy folks,

Had a call back from Borgers office with the following info,be it limited.

The raising and lowering is still on the cards,and there is a working party with Industry input included in the working party,one of wich ASRF is on again,appears an ammended version is close.

In regards to the ICV draft plans etc.
Next thursday it goes or is being discussed with the Australian National Motor Vehicle Certification Board,Indicating a National System.Then back to be dealt with by each State,I got the impression the States can then tweak it after Consultation in the time ahead.

The girl I spoke with obviously isnt all over this as one can expect so getting the finer details was a bit hard.She had been in contact with the RTA and was relaying what they had informed her.

Cheers

Luke
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »
I have just spoken to a few of the other car club Presidents & we are all in agreement that signing the petition is the way to start this off getting #'s. Then when we find out what the changes will be we are going to have a meeting & go from there with a properly drafted letter from each club. I have got a meeting tomorrow with a friend from the head office of the RTA.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:  
Past And Present Cars

SUTPO

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
Just Signed :boxing::boxing:

Hemi

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Please keep us  posted on developments on this one guys.

If new regulations are brought in whats going to happen to the potentially hundreds of  cars that are part way built ?. Surely it cant be expected that they will need to change what they have already done in order to comply ?.

I could see that becoming a legal issue with the potential for group action.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
:hello: this is the latest news I have on this issue.

Here is the information regarding “Vehicle Registration Information Day” to be held at the Regency Ramblers Club House located on the cnr Badgerys Creek Road & Elizabeth Drive Badgerys Creek, starting at 10.00am on Saturday the 14th of August.
This has been organised by the ASRF but is open to everyone that wants information.  We will be going through what is on the table at present from the RTA, potential changes, VSI 50 (suspension rule) and Engineering System changes.
It doesn’t matter what type of vehicle a person owns, emphasising everyone is welcome, the more the better to get the correct information out there so everyone understands whats happening at present and in the future.
If you can pass this onto as many people as you can it would be appreciated.
IMPORTANT NOTE - This is not an argument session its purely for the ASRF to tell us what the RTA are proposing and whats already in place so we understand everything as well as possible and clarify all the things we are hearing about future rego laws etc.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

69vette

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »

NSW Law and Regulation as I understand
My opinion only.
Three ways for regulation.
Legislation which can include standards if the standard is legislated
as not all standards are law.
A Ministerial directive.
Or a code of practice which is usually dealt with by a Government department. It appears this Modification of Vehicles change is a code of practice. Codes of practice usually come up for review every few years and the results of the changes to the code are not for public comment unless the department wants comment.
Once the changes to the code are completed it is sent to the appropriate Minister to sign off for the Code to become law.
In other words the Minister is the one to say whether the changes are to be law or require further ammendments.
It could be assumed a Minister could sign off on numerous reviewed Codes of Practice in one year some rather insignifcantly affecting our daily lives others not so.
Viewing the completed changes to the Code in it,s entirtey before submission to the Minister before signing and forming  opinions of concern to the changes is the most difficult part.
Even then the Code can be sent back for further review if the Minister has concerns via public inference and then resubmitted before you know it.
I guess it all depends on whether the reviewer can see reason and is sympathetic to public concerns to the justification of the propsed changes.
Hope I,m on the right track.

Stuart

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »
All I know is Im going hell for leather to get my Effiy finished cause the way I understand it the "do gooders" will be stuffing it for everyone whom hasnt got full rego, but the lighter side is, it looks good when you wanna sell.
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333