Author Topic: American nats  (Read 27630 times)

Kroooozer

American nats
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
Looks like Robyn won't be with me as she has something else arranged so may be on my own or with my son (haven't asked him yet)

Bumblebee

American nats
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 03:34:26 PM »
Update:

Lisa and Les - Bumblebee
Mal and Maureen - Her69, Yelo_69
Chris and Sharon - 68Pony, Super 88
Matt and Leanne - Mattlea1, Vettegirl
Luke and Liz - Muzzy 66, LIZ
Peter and Robyn - Kroooozer
Paull and Vicky - Heven67

Bumblebee

American nats
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 01:47:50 PM »
Ginseng restaurant now booked for 7:00 pm Saturday.

heven67

• Rally Licence
American nats
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
What is a "Ginseng"??
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Bumblebee

American nats
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:49 PM »
It's a herb that can bring excellent therapeutic qualities to your weary old bones.

OR

It's a great chinese restaurant in Manuka

OR

None of the above

OR

All of the above

OR

Time for another beer!

Kroooozer

American nats
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 06:23:47 PM »
Received a letter in the mail today from American Car Club of Australia Inc below:

As you are all aware the American Car Club of Australia Inc (ACCA) successfully hosted the 'American Car Nationals' annually in September, at the Queanbeyan Showgrounds from 2001 to 2009.

The event was hosted by the ACCA through License Agreement to use the name 'American Car Nationals' with the organiser of the Queanbeyan Swap.

Regrettably, the agreement for the ACCA to use the name ' American Car Nationals' was terminated with effect from 7th December 2009, and the 2010 and future events will be staged as private ventures under the auspices of the Queanbeyan Swap.

Accordingly,  the American Car Club of Australia Inc. wishes to thank all our supporters, including our major sponsor, Shannons Insurance, trophy sponsors, local businesses, entrants,Queanbeyan Council and volunteers, especially the Corvette and Mustang clubs, all of whom made major contribution to the huge success of the event.

As a result of the foregoing change the American Car Club of Australia Inc will not host a car show in 2010, but will host a new American Car Show, to be known as 'Shannons American Car Classics', on Sunday the 3rd April 2011 and the first Sunday in May in future years. The event will be staged as previously, at a comprehensively upgraded Queanbeyan Showground.

The months of April/May was chosen specifically to take advantage of the more stable and generally delightful weather conditions experienced in the Canberra / Queanbeyan district during Autumn.

As planning progresses, progressive updates will be posted on the ACCA website www.americancarclub.net

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
American nats
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:18 PM »
Hi Guys I just got of the :call: from Chris Smith the President from the American car club ACT there is still a car show on but it is being held by the guy that owns the name this is a privately run car show & he is having trouble getting sponsors. Chris said they will be having there show  next year in April then it will move to May 2012. We are going to get a joint run happening with the two clubs soon.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:  
Past And Present Cars

Bumblebee

American nats
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
Looks like the ACCA is no longer involved, but the event will continue to be run as always by the original organisers.

Here is the latest:

Hi Les,Thanks for your email, the American Car Club is no longer running the event but nothing will change from the show it has always been. In fact myself and the other people who are now running the American Car Nationals are the original organisers and we aim to keep the event a fairly priced event for enthusiasts like ourselves. The swap meet and the Ford Show on Saturday will also stay the same.Please let everyone else you might know that the event is on and is being run as it always has.Kind RegardsChris JacksonAmerican Car Nationals

Bumblebee

American nats
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »
Just so we make sure this is worth going to, I've cast the net to get fair dinkum feedback from locals (not related to either party) as to whether this is going to be a good event given the changes, even though the organiser says it will be.  I'll post any updates once received.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
American nats
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »
Theres a dozen people who will have a ball regardless.:thanks:
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333