Author Topic: USA - MY PLATES OFFER TO AMCCA MEMBERS  (Read 14184 times)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: USA - MY PLATES OFFER TO AMCCA MEMBERS
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:22 PM »
Yeah I might look into the Suburban plates if they are free!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
What that means is, My YD666  plates that I have we paid $295 (can't actally remember what we paid because it was in the early 80's when I got them) and back then there was no annual fee of $99, but prior to this offer if I wanted to change them to a different style plate with the same YD666 I would be charged the one off fee for the remake plus $99 a year, with this deal there is no $99 annual fee but you will still pay $195 or $95 depending on which USA style you choose.

So Les it will cost you $195 or $95 to redo your current number plates, there will be no fee of $99 if you are currently not paying it now and you do have to hand in your old plates!
Click Image For Our Website

roadhound

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »
Ok thank you

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
Apparently you need to be very patient when you call to order as they really don't much about it at the centre.  :lol:

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »
I've had a rethink.......since I've already got personal plates (2 letter/3 number) on the car, and they cost me nothing and fit the plate cut outs, I think I'll pass.
Other things that I could spend my $ on.....
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Jethro

• Speedster
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
So, If I order a new plate (not replace a plate) then it'l cost me say 195 bucks and I'll also have an annual fee of 99 buck per year, huh ?

Jethro
[img width=200 height=150]https://americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/forum/signatures/J

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »
So, If I order a new plate (not replace a plate) then it'l cost me say 195 bucks and I'll also have an annual fee of 99 buck per year, huh ?

Jethro

Correct!

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
It would appear you cannot choose this style plate and just say "give me any numbers/combo"...you either have to remake a currently owned plate, or pay for a custom letter/number combo.
Its the same thing with my two letter/three number black and white plates.....they only come as a "custom" plate.
This is one of the stupidities of the RMS system.....you should be able to order the plate shape to fit your car without having to pay a yearly fee for the "custom" characters.

I guess the only way out of it is to register your car, get stock yellow/black plates, then apply to "remake" those plates in the USA style for a one off fee. I still think the RMS should be required to supply a correctly fitting plate (the base white ones) if the car requires that size plate.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

roadhound

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
I'm Back.
So if I hand in my 2 letter 3 number personal black and white plates which are fee free for life
Wish I had bought several of these years ago anyhow 
The rms will take back my free plates charge me $99 they random pick
my new letters numbers on the "traditional style" I dont have a say
and that is supposed to make me happy.
I would be stupid to do that ,however if I had aC3 vette well you wouldnt have to bend them to fit
the front.Just another way of looking after the motoring enthusiast he he ...... :lol:

birdman

• Rally Licence
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
I'm Back.
So if I hand in my 2 letter 3 number personal black and white plates which are fee free for life
Wish I had bought several of these years ago anyhow 
The rms will take back my free plates charge me $99 they random pick
my new letters numbers on the "traditional style" I dont have a say
and that is supposed to make me happy.
I would be stupid to do that ,however if I had aC3 vette well you wouldnt have to bend them to fit
the front.Just another way of looking after the motoring enthusiast he he ...... :lol:

Hi Les. You can keep your chosen 2 letters 3 numbers. Just choose a new design,which will set you back either $195 or $95 depending on the style. That's it. NO OTHER FEES FOR LIFE.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333