Author Topic: Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !  (Read 18452 times)

65pony

• Speedster
Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
Originally posted by Muzzy 66
Joel any dates as of yet?

nah mate I think it will have to be at the start of september so we don't clash with any shows or club runs of any club.

I'm getting emails daily asking when it's going to be on, so the sooner I pick a date the better.

Anyone object to the start of september??

by the way I was sent this today aswell, seems they have woken up for now....

http://163.189.7.150/newsevents/downloads/minister_releases/29072009_car_modification_laws.pdf

jpg copy below
Ragards
CPU

[align=center]

[/align]

cpu

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »
Originally posted by 65pony

nah mate I think it will have to be at the start of september so we don't clash with any shows or club runs of any club.

I'm getting emails daily asking when it's going to be on, so the sooner I pick a date the better.

Anyone object to the start of september??

by the way I was sent this today aswell, seems they have woken up for now....

http://163.189.7.150/newsevents/downloads/minister_releases/29072009_car_modification_laws.pdf

As a thought, it would be worth while coordinating it with the people who have been talking to the minister so the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
ok do you have any contact details for these people?? Ive sent the 4WD clubs an email but as of yet no response...

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »
See it just proves that Pollies arent in touch with the people! Why didnt Min. Daley consult the right people in the first place!!! instead of a stupid knee jerk reaction!  
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

68PONY

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 09:08:50 PM »
Originally posted by 69DirtyRat
See it just proves that Pollies arent in touch with the people! Why didnt Min. Daley consult the right people in the first place!!! instead of a stupid knee jerk reaction!  

Cause he's a  jerk! ;17

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:25 PM »
Daley is only the mouthpiece,its the RTA who propose and impliment..

Luckily in the car world there is numerous bodies who can represent.

Before owning the muzzy I was into trail bike ridding,on a registered bike mainly ridding the forests etc etc...Not the no hand back flip i wanna die stuff...

Up around Newcastle is the Wattagans Forest,always in the news mainly for the actions,of the w/end warriors generally wearing flannos and volleys,then burning everythinga round at night to keep warm.

We all get tarnished with the one brush,riders dont really have a group that represents them,the wattagans have slowly been taken over acre by acre by Nat Parks as they can close areas down to access but then still let the Forestry do as they wish.

There was notification of 'consoltation' regarding the closing of some trails,there where on line petitions,there was talk of rallies,the Manufacturers should be involved to help out...Within a week gates had been put up,not locked but erected,this was in the consult period...Complete hogs wallop,still nothing has been done.

The car community is a wider community,and more then lilkey will get some changes to the policy,It wont be scrapped it will be ammended.

I wish them all well but I hope they are smart,they will only get one decent go in Macquarie St,The riders blew there chance when a small group,mainly geared around organising rides got on board with an MP who was a rat bag and ultimatley got punted from Parliament for allowance irregularities and a few other bits and have as far as I know never been taken serioulsy, or back into Mac st again.
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »
I think it was Daley this time because a mate of mine who called various people in the rta to find out what the regulations actually meant, they said they didnt even know about the changes until they were proposed and werent consulted about the changes???

I think our parliamentary system sux, Ministers are given these portfolios they know absolutely nothing about (apart from a minority,John Hatzistergos was a lawyer and he is the Attorney General). They have to learn about there position and can take years! then they get replaced! Why do you think there is so many stuff ups! Most of the Ministers are nerdy and dont have any true life experiences. Like I said before Min. Roosandaal was Min. for Roads BUT has never had his license! What the hell would he know about transport! And  the experiences car travellers face! He gets chauffered everywhere (& rides in bus lanes!). I was at a press conference with Roosandaal and with a straight face he said that " traffic in Sydney is no worse than 10years ago", everybody jaws dropped at such a ridiculous statement and obviously he got some very bad advice!!!!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

cpu

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:34 PM »
Originally posted by 65pony
ok do you have any contact details for these people?? Ive sent the 4WD clubs an email but as of yet no response...

No I don't unfortunately.  Only have seen what you and the others have been posting.  69DirtyRat may know.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »
One would be thinking that the Council Motor Clubs would be getting involved with this issue, but knowing this group they are not one bit interested in helping in this matter, because they want cars on the roads as they were produced. If this was about vintage or veteran cars they would be jumping up & down. I will be speaking to the President of the CMC tomorrow & getting her opions. Also I will contact the Presidents of car clubs similar to ours & get their ideas as well & then speak to a couple of ministers that I know.
  ;v Garry ;M:cool:  
Past And Present Cars

68PONY

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:53 PM »
This daley dude is the  mp for maroubra which is around the corner from la perouse (hoon city)so i would say he's just opened his big mouth to make the locals think he is doing something about it , there is a big write up about it in the local paper.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333