Author Topic: cabin Air filters  (Read 2731 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
cabin Air filters
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
    This is not 70's or 80's cars..  but I know there is a growing number of members out there with things like Chrysler 300's and Sebrings, and late Jeep products, probably some USA Fords like Taurus and Exploders etc.. as everyday drivers.

I also have a Chrysler 300C .. with the 3.5lt Mercedes V6.. with 44,000km on it now.. and just had it converted to LPG ... AMAZING THE DIFFERENCE...   BETTER.. .. doing a typical return trip from Shellharbor to The Entrance via the M7 and return.. its twice clocked up around $24-$26 in LPG use... goes smoother on LPG then petroleum ...... Cost around $4700 to have it done but will be keeping this as a perfect daily driver so don't care..

..anyway .. after the recent dust storms.. I'd brought in the service filters for it for my own personal stock.. including the CABIN filter.   .. figure nows as good a time as any  without previously looking at it.. I changed it during the week...  the thing was it was bloody filthy..  never gave much thought to the air flow quality except to shut out fumes from the odd smokey in front etc.. but the dust these things trap is pretty alarming.
     If you get a chance and have a vehicle with the cabin filter..check it out. If you have a late Chrysler or Jeep or Taurus etc..ask as I have the filters too more for personal use. The Chrysler 300 one is # 94909,  Aussie Taurus # 94771,   for your cross referencing purposes if trying locally. Cost around $18 ..

The GRAND CHEROKEE has one but PT Cruiser apparently do not, not sure about all the Jeep types but its worth checking if you have one. ..... don't know what Chrysler Australia $ wants - probably a LH or RH Testical. Most cabin filters are accessible from on top edge  of the cowl chamber.

Anyway.. end of speel... just thought it was worth raising.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333