Author Topic: 2004 Pontiac Aztek as seen in the TV series "Breaking Bad"  (Read 2656 times)

traNZam

2004 Pontiac Aztek as seen in the TV series "Breaking Bad"
« on: October 16, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
I've seen a few episodes of a TV series "Breaking Bad", I think it finished on TV earlier this year.
It's a good show, albeit with  controversial subject matter.
Walter White, one of the main characters, drives a 2004 Pontiac Aztek.
Check it out on Google images.
What the hell were Pontiac thinking??
I'm ashamed my brand of choice could produce such a vehicle.
I'm hoping you all out there driving Mopars, Chevs, Fords (Edsel?) etc have the same embarrassing "skeleton in the closet" that Pontiac obviously do!
When we travelled around the USA last year, I couldn't believe the bland 90's and 00's cars there were carrying iconic model names like Bonneville, Impala, Caprice etc.. Woeful! - Who would want to preserve cars from that era??

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
Re: 2004 Pontiac Aztek as seen in the TV series "Breaking Bad"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
well, the show is called Breaking Bad and Pontiac really broke out a bad looking vehicle with that one.

No one would want to preserve these cars, they're not designed for that. Pontiac don't make money out of cars that people would want to keep.

I have also noticed an increase in ugliness in modern cars. I love a hot hatch, love coupes more, but the new Mitsubishi Mirage, Toyota Yaris, the Prius and Honda Jazz are butt ugly. At least Toyota/Subaru have the 80/BRZ and hopefully we'll start seeing some smart looking cars with the new Camaro and Mustang.

I don't understand where car designers are going, it's like they're trying to be Gaudy, but without the organic elegance.

1977 Transam

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:00:29 AM »
Definitely agree guys.  The challenger, Camaro and corvette are all looking good compared to everything else on the market.  Pontiac has let us Down.

Tommy

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »
haven't you heard tommy pontiac is dead :cool:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333