Author Topic: Testing the waters... thinking of selling my 98  (Read 2459 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
Testing the waters... thinking of selling my 98
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »
Most of you know my car by now...

It's a 98 Firebird Formula - LS1 Auto with after market RAM AIR hood and factory t-tops

I've had it for 4 years, I've done the following to it, since owing it:

Under the bonnet:
After market intake (I've still got the original)
Tuned by Sam's performance (mostly for efficiency, not high power)

Exhaust:
High flow cats
muffler is fairly new (magnaflow)

Interior:
I've put the electric seat adjustments on the passenger side (drivers side has them as well)
Interior is ok, only minor scratches on plastics.

Body:
Paint is not perfect, but certainly presentable.
Rear taillights are clean and NOT holding water
T-tops are good and only let tiny bits of water in when hosing it (normal rain conditions it's good)
Front windscreen could do with a buff.
I've replaced the high beam headlight lamps, with standard replacements, because the ones on it where old and one was filled with water.

Driveline/suspension:
The auto is a little tired, it's probably needing a rebuild this year, but still quite functional.
I've replaced both front and rear shocks, replaced rear springs and had both front and rear springs re-set by All-springs.

Other:
The air con works well, I've spent a LOT of time and money getting this to happen :-)
I have very good front and rear speakers and amp - none of which is visible- you can't even see the amp wiring.

I'm "thinking" of selling it, but only if the offer is very good... what do you think is a good price?
(Please be kind...)

If you are genuinely interested, please PM me with a good offer.

Why am I thinking of selling it? Two reasons:
1. I am not finding as much time to enjoy it any more and
2. I've been planning on a trip with my family to the US next year... still paying off the mortgage and there is only one way I can see the trip happening.

I can get the car painted for a reasonable price and if needed, but I'm putting the "feelers" out there for now...

The firebird formula is a rare car here and 4th gens even more so... formulas tend to hold value well long term.

The LS1 motor is a good, strong motor that has great potential whilst retaining reliability and if driven on open roads, can get really good mileage.

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
Re: Testing the waters... thinking of selling my 98
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
forgot to mention that I have also had the steering rack reconditioned since having the car, replaced most bushes with poly...
I've put a fair bit into this car...

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333